Top Background Checks
Are you looking for the background check services for your business? Check out this article and learn more about the top background checks today!
✔ Last updated: 2021-01-25
A background check is a detailed report on a person. It can cover a lot of personal details like residence, employment history, education background, and even criminal convictions.
Most employers run a background check on their applicants before hiring them. This is done to ensure that the employee is telling the truth about their past.
Now, let’s discuss these top background check services that you can avail for your small business.
✔ Public records in 1 easy report
✔ Search for anyone using name, number, email, or address
✔ Highly accurate background check service
✔ Flexible payment plans with easy & intuitive search.
✔ Hassle-free public records search service with affordable pricing.
✔ Anonymous people search engine with a single, easy-to-read report.
✔ This service is very easy to use, affordable and offers unlimited searches.
Choosing the Right Background Check Service for Your Business
If you have a small business, then you must consider getting a background check service. The best background check services must be fast, accurate and very detailed. Many websites claim that they offer free background checks, but they only give you little information unless you pay for their service.
Background checks can help you make a wise decision before you hire a person, but it is essential to have a piece of knowledge about the applicable regulations on these background checks. It is not against the federal law to run a background check before making a job offer, but the Fair Credit Reporting Act monitors how these checks are conducted. You must know that there are states that have restrictions on background screening, so you must be knowledgeable about your local laws.
Most businesses need standard reports from these background check companies that may include the following:
- Criminal history search
- Sex offender list search
- Global terrorist search
- Address history
- Social Security number tracing or validation
- Federal criminal search
- National alias search
- Employment history verification
You can even get add-on reports such as:
- Driving record
- Professional license verification
- Drug screening
- International searches
- Credit check
- In-person county court record retrieval
- Reference interviews
Please note that types of background reports will depend on the industry that you are in.
Most of these data can be gathered through online database research, but other reports might require phone calls or even courthouse visitation and visitation to other government offices. That is why you have to know what type of information you would be needing.
Factors to Consider When Selecting Background Check Services
Choosing a background check service can be hard, so here are some of the criteria we used in picking the top background check service:
1. Price – This is the first thing that you would want to know when looking for a background check service. Please note that the pricing can vary across companies and it will need upon the type of report you would need. There is service that you can get for less than $20, but the full-service companies can charge you from $20 and up to $100 per applicant.
2. Full-service or DIY options – If you want to save money, then you could do the background check on your own through online searches, but access to these records is limited.
3. Compliance – As we have mentioned, FCRA controls how background checks are conducted. When choosing a service, you must verify that their process complies in FCRA rules and regulations.
4. Technology – Another factor to consider in selecting a service is the level of technology these services use.